Your initial appointment will consist of an examination and consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Depending on the recommended course of treatment and the condition of the tooth, we will most likely start and complete your treatment in the same day. Some endodontic procedures such as surgery or complicated re-treatments may require additional time and will need to be scheduled for a different day.
To help us make the proper appointment, it is helpful to know the following:
- ADS visitor’s guide (referral slip) indicating tooth or area involved.
- If you are required to be pre-medicated with antibiotics for a heart murmur, hip or joint replacement or other conditions.
- If you are currently on any medication.
- If you have had previous root canal treatment or if root canal treatment has been attempted on the tooth in question.
- If a patient is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must be present at the appointment.
- If you will be using dental insurance, please have the following information available:
- Dental insurance company.
- Subscriber social security number or subscriber I.D.
- Group number.
- Plan Type.
- Subscriber’s employer
- If you have dual insurance (two-dental insurance plans), we will need the above information for both plans.